The other day, we heard a story about a desert backpacking trip taken in early October. The storyteller had packed her 35-degree bag and, as soon as the sun set, knew she wouldn’t be getting much sleep that night. If only she’d had the Big Agnes Lulu 15-Degree Synthetic Sleeping Bag. Rather than shivering all night, she’d have slept soundly and woken up ready to tackle the next ten miles, thanks in part to Insotect Tubic construction, which uses vertical baffles to spread heat evenly and conform to her body for maximum warmth and comfort. The Lulu’s high-loft, 97% recycled Integrity insulation with extra warmth and room in the foot and core would have provided consistent warmth despite the dipping midnight temps. She could have slid an insulated Big Agnes sleeping pad into the bag’s integrated pad sleeve to insulate her against the cold ground (to shave weight, the Lulu doesn't have ground insulation, instead relying on a sleeping pad for warmth), stuffed her fleece jacket into the pillow pocket, and enjoyed the warmth of the no-draft zipper, collar, and pad wedge. Plus, if her tentmate had had a compatible Big Agnes sleeping bag, she could have zipped hers to it for an extra-cozy night spent in nylon-taffeta-lined comfort. Guess she learned the hard way.
• 15-degree synthetic Integrity: Short Staple insulation
• Integrated full pad sleeve. Never roll off your pad again
• Insotect Tubic is a revolutionary tubular insulation system engineered to provide the maximum cubic loft for supreme thermal efficiency and user comfort.
• Superior thermal efficiency - the significant air space created by the DualVault and Vertical Thermal Channel delivers the best thermal efficiency.
• Rectangular shape offers more room in foot box and shoulders
• Extra room in the hips and feet
• No-draft collar, zipper, and pad wedge
• Pillow pocket
• YKK #8 zipper. Mate together any of our left and right zip bags with the same size zipper. Size petite mates to bags with 60' YKK #8 zippers. Size regular mates to bags with 70' YKK #8 zippers
• Extra insulation in foot and core areas
• Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners
• Temperature Rating: 15 Degree
• Shape: Mummy
• Fill Material: INTEGRITY synthetic
• Fill Weight: 24oz
• Total Bag Weight: 3lbs 5oz
Max User Height:
Shoulder Circumference: 68'
Hip Circumference: 66'
Foot Circumference: 54'
• Stuffed Size: L-9'x20'
• Material: Shell-Nylon rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water; Lining-Soft, breathable nylon taffeta with stain resistant finish
• Stuff Sack: Yes
• Storage Sack: Yes
EXPERT TIPS: 10 Steps To Great Camping
Not +15, more like +50 - by Deena from Annandale VA
Used this on a crisp fall night in Northern Virginia where temps did not go below 49F. Used with the integrated sleeping pad. Was cold the whole night. Bag is roomy, well-constructed, and sleeping pad system is very comfortable, but the bag is under-insulated to withstand 15F temps. Maybe good for late summer, early fall temps where it doesnt go below 60F.