When early December’s chill turns to January’s downright cold, the Hi-Loft Down Hoody delivers exceptional comfort and warmth to soften winter’s hard edge. Made with a supple, 100% recycled polyester ripstop shell and 100% Traceable Down (600-fill-power duck down that can be traced back to birds that were never force-fed, never live-plucked), this soft jacket has a low-profile, adjustable hood and drop-tail hem to bolster the toasty factor. The polyester ripstop shell, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, blocks the wind and resists tears and abrasion. Finer details include a smooth polyester mini-ripstop lining, quilted-through construction, two zippered handwarmer pockets, an interior zippered security pocket (self-stuffs, with carabiner clip-in loop), nylon-bound elastic cuffs, gusseted underarms for increased range of motion, and a drawcord hem that cinches from inside the hand pockets.
• 100% recycled polyester ripstop shell with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish blocks wind and weather while resisting tears and abrasion; warm, high-loft quilting with 100% Traceable Duck Down (600-fill-power duck down that can be traced back to birds that were never force-fed, never live-plucked)
• Full-length center-front zipper with hooded zip-through collar
• Two zippered handwarmer pockets; one internal zippered chest pocket self-stuffs and has a carabiner clip-in loop
• Low-profile cuffs sit soft on the arm and keep the sleeves secure
• Drop-tail hem with adjustable drawcord for maximum weather protection
• Gusseted underarms for increased range of motion
• Hip length
• Shell: 1.4-oz 30-denier 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Lining: 1.5-oz 22-denier 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a DWR finish. Insulation: 100% Traceable Down (600-fill-power duck down that can be traced back to birds that were never force-fed, never live-plucked)
• 530 g (18.7 oz)
Size - by Jace from Gilbert AZ
Size ran a little bit bigger than expected. But comfy
Runs big - by Derek from Verona wi
Agree with the other reviewer. I usually wear a large and I can wear a medium in this jacket. Im 6 and 190lb and a medium fits well. It is a really warm and soft puffy coat.
Wonderful online experience! - by Trevor from Denver CO
I wanted to share how incredibly impressed I was with my online shopping experience with Fontana. I was initially reservered to order from Fontana given I live in Denver CO and had not heard of the company. I had such a great experience. Shortly after my order I received a personal correspondence from Steve miller detailing a very minor complication to minor order. He corresponded with me twice more in an extremely professional and timely manner. All said and done my order arrived just as detailed and still on time despite the minor complication. I would do business with Fontana again solely based on the customer service experience alone. Sincerely, Trevor
Hi-Loft hoody - by Lance from Neotsu OR
Very light, warm, comfortable. Im 62 , the XL fits me fine, will note that the jacket has a drop hem back for additional coverage, so the back is a bit long in the back. All in all, happy with the purhase.
Warm - by Derek from Madison Wisco
Warm, dries fast after rain. Somewhat prone to tearing so be careful walking through trees or brush.