A 3-compartment daypack with a padded laptop sleeve, Air Flow mesh back panel and shoulder straps, sternum strap and V-pull compression straps for load management; holds most 15 in. laptops. Zen design meets catch-all versatility in the Refugio backpack. With three pockets it keeps you organized without feeling fussy. The main compartment holds much of the load and comes with a raised, padded sleeve with buckle closure; accommodates most 15-inch laptops. The sleeve, equipped with a tube port, accepts a hydration reservoir when your feet leave the cement. Pens, business cards, keys and other small necessities go inside the second pocket. An exterior, vertical zip pocket provides quick access to a wallet, plane tickets and a phone, and a brushed tricot-lined pocket protects sunglasses or an audio device. Stretch-woven side pockets accommodate a full range of water-bottle shapes and sizes. Air Flow mesh on the shoulder straps and back panel prevent overheating. The sternum strap has an emergency whistle, and compression straps stabilize contents. Made from 420-denier 100% nylon oxford plain weave, with an 840-denier 100% ballistics nylon bottom. The lining is 200-denier 100% polyester. All fabrics have a Deluge DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
• Generous main compartment with dump pockets for quick organization on the go; secondary compartment with internal organization has plenty of options for electronics and supplies, along with a secure lanyard for keys; interior padded sleeve is raised off the ground to protect most 15 inch laptops from impact; sleeve secures with a buckle closure and doubles as an insulated hydration reservoir complete with tube port
• Exterior, vertical zippered stash pocket for quick access to essentials; exterior lash points; brushed tricot-lined pocket for sunglasses and electronics; stretch-woven pockets accommodate a full range of water bottle shapes and sizes
• Airflow-mesh shoulder straps and back panel; adjustable sternum strap with emergency whistle
• Top-mounted, reinforced haul handle
• Body: 420-denier 100% nylon oxford plain weave. Base: 840-denier 100% ballistics nylon. Lining: 200-denier 100% polyester. Stretch-woven pockets: 92% nylon/8% spandex. All treated with a Deluge DWR (durable water repellent) finish
• 773 g (1 lb 11 oz)
• Made in Vietnam.
• Technology: Deluge DWR - Patagonia’s proprietary durable water repellent fabric finish, Deluge DWR, lasts substantially longer than standard DWRs. Garments with the Deluge DWR finish have like-new repellency after years of extensive use.
Patagonia Refugio 28L Backpack - by Mitchell from Madison Wisconsin WI
The Patagonia backpack is a good school backpack, well stitched and looks good. Would use for 1-10 mile hikes but do not think I would want a backpack this small for anything longer. Quite happy with it, hoping it breaks in a little bit with some time.
good laptop bag - by Derek from Mad City `sconsin
Perfect size for carrying around a macbook. Its probably too small for serious hiking trips, but if you just need a bag for school or around town, this one is the ticket.
Patagonia Always Delivers! - by Candice from WI
The Refugio Pack 28L Backpack is typical Patagonia. It is packed with great features`;` ample space inside the zippers, plenty of side pockets for easy access to necessities, comfort cushions on the back, and straps to go across the chest to relieve strain and provide more support.